A few weeks ago Wendell from over at Dell On Movies
approached me with the opportunity to co-host a blogathon with him. I’ve long been tinkering with the idea of hosting a blogathon of my own but have been lacking the confidence so it’s great to have a partner to show me the ropes. And Wendell is a great partner to have – he’s a friend of this blog and someone who’s hosted quite a few blogathons of his own of which I’ve participated in several. It’s always great fun and I’m hoping that hosting will prove to be just as enjoyable.
The rules for participation are simple:
1. Pick one movie that “everyone” loves (the more iconic, the better). That movie must have a score of at least 75% on rottentomatoes.com. Tell us why you hate it.
2. Pick one movie that “everyone” hates (the more notorious, the better). That movie must have a score of less than 35% on rottentomatoes.com. Tell us why you love it.
3. Include the tomato meter scores of both movies.
4. Use one of the banners in this post, or feel free to create your own.
5. Comment on this post, or at Dell on Movies, with the two movies you intend on writing on.
6. Publish your post on any day from Monday August 22 through Friday August 26, 2016.
By the way, should a movie you select not have a grade on rottentomatoes.com
, use a score of at least 7.5 on imdb.com
for ones you hate and less than 4.0 for ones you love.
Though there are thousands of movies that qualify, duplicates are still “sorta” okay. In other words, you may have one movie in common with another blogger, but not both.
There will be a list at the end of this post that will be updated as bloggers sign up.
Remember – once you’ve finished with your post – to come back here and comment with the link so we can all see how you prove the world wrong about a movie it loves/hates.
The blogathon will run from the 21st of August, 2016 to the 26th and the deadline for submissions is August 26th, 2016, so make sure you get those entries in.
Dell and I are eagerly awaiting your posts.
If you’re looking for inspiration here are links to posts from previous years.