With the end of Hollywood’s annual Award Season drawing to a close, there have no doubt been a few of your favourite stars who haven’t received the awards – or worse – the nominations they deserved. With the biggest awards night in Hollywood – The Oscars – less than a week away there’s no doubt to be an Unsung Hero or two left empty-handed while others hold their golden statuettes up high.
Now normally we’d bemoan The Academy, complain to our co-workers or spouses for a few days and let it go but this year I’m hoping for something different; which is why I’ve decided to host The Unsung Hero Blogathon. The point of this blogathon will be to celebrate and finally award some praise to those in Hollywood who The Academy has robbed or snubbed. Now while there are numerous categories (about twenty), I’ve decided to focus in on the top 4. That is:
- Best Actor in a Leading Role
- Best Actor in a Supporting Role
- Best Actress in a Leading Role
- Best Actress in a Supporting Role
Here are the rules
1a. Create a blog post about an actor’s individual performance that you feel deserved an Academy Award OR…
1b. Create a blog post about an actor’s body of work that you feel qualifies them for an Academy Award
2. Comment below with what actor/actor’s body of work you’ve decided on.
3. In your post link back to this one.
4. Use one of the banners that I’ve created or one that you’ve made on your own. If you decide to make your own just include the pertinent information (my blog title, the name of the blogathon and the dates).
5. Publish your post anytime from Monday, the 6th of March to Friday the 10th of March 2017.
6. After posting your thoughts on who The Academy robbed, come back to this post and comment below with the link to your post.
7. To make this a truly Unsung Hero blogathon please only choose actors who have never received an Academy Award in the Acting category. For example, Matt Damon has an Oscar for screenwriting but he’s never won an Oscar for acting so he’s alright; while Leonardo DiCaprio was for a long time Hollywood’s Unsung Hero, he now has an Oscar so he no longer qualifies as an Unsung Hero.
Now the Oscars are less than a week away so if you pick someone who’s nominated this year to write a post about and they end up winning, please select someone else.
Please comment below with which actor’s body of work or individual performance you intend on writing about it; so that we can avoid having duplicates. It’s fine if two bloggers decide to write about Johnny Depp, if they pick two different performances, thus, leaving one blogger to write about his body of work. Though having more than one blogger writing about one performance would make this blogathon a bit bland. Topics will be approved on a first come, first serve basis so be sure to get in your topics as soon as possible.
Don’t feel limited to only one actor or even one category. Multiple posts are welcome and even encouraged.
I also encourage that you don’t limit yourself to movies that traditionally win Oscars. If you think Adam Sandler deserved an Oscar for his work in Pixels and feel confident enough to write an entire post about it, then go for it. This is about recognising those who haven’t and there’s no restriction or who you can praise.
Thank you in advance to everyone who’s going to take part, I can’t wait to read what you guys come up with. Now choose an actor and get to blogging. Don’t forget after uploading your post (during the 6th – 10th of March 2017) to please come back here and comment with a link to that post.