I’d like to thank Hammy Reviews for nominating me for this award, please do check out his blog by clicking here. I’d see blogs I was following, writing about receiving these awards and wondering if I’d ever get one. So this is really a honour. I’d also like to thank everyone who reads my blog and chimes in with a comment or a like. I might forget to reply to a comment once and a while but I appreciate your presence.
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers (decided to keep it strictly WordPress blogs cause I can’t tell how many followers bloggers on other servers have).
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer
Here are my answers to Hammy’s eleven questions:
- Favourite film?
Without doubt, it’s The Dark Knight. I used to think that I would never have a favourite film because there were so many films that I watched and loved; but after the tenth or so viewing of this film, I realised things had changed.
2. Favourite director?
Christopher Nolan. Not only did he resurrect Batman but he’s given us some of the most intellectually-engaging films of the last decade.
3. Favourite video game?
Has to be Fifa, it’s the game I most consistently buy and play. It’s also the game that I hate most because when I lose it feels extremely personal. Couldn’t picture a month going by without me playing it and yelling at the players on-screen.
4. Favourite book?
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khalid Rafi. I’m not a big fan of re-reading books so I can never quote lines but I always remember how the book made me feel and that one touched me deeply. It’s a grand story.
5. It’s takeaway night: fish and chips or pizza?
Definitely PIZZA! Something with tons of caramalised onions, meat and barbeque sauce.
6. Do you buy or download (illegally or not!) films/TV shows?
I download TV shows but I prefer to watch movies at the cinema first. Even when I miss out on watching a movie at the cinema I prefer to buy a DVD rather than download it. I have nothing against piracy or legal downloads, I just like a sure thing and knowing that the money I pay guarantees me the exact product I want.
7. Do you consider yourself a geek?
I think I’m a movie-geek. I wanna become a comicbook geek too. I’ll put that down as a resolution for 2016.
8. Buy, Rent, Chuck: Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Toy Story 3
This is a virtual Sophie’s choice here. I’d buy Toy Story because that’s one of the first VHS tapes we owned and I’ve seen that movie dozens of times. I’d rent Toy Story 2 and chuck (though reluctantly) Toy Story 3.
9. Where do you see yourself in five years?
Um…done with med school and finishing up my community service. Still watching movies and, hopefully, still blogging but to a larger audience.
10. What’s your biggest achievement in life, thus far?
I’m gonna say this award and I don’t mean that ironically. When I started this blog, I didn’t think anyone would read it, let alone like it, so receiving confirmation like this is great.
11. Shower or bath?
When I’m home, bath; but when I’m staying in a hotel or done with gym, definitely shower.
And now for 11 random facts abouts me
- I have a stutter
- I have a fear of inappropriately large animals, especially birds. To clarify, not a fear or naturally large animals but if a pigeon was the size of a rabbit, I would lose my ish
- I have to constantly knock on wood three times or else all the terrible things I’m scared will go wrong in my life will come true
- I can do a fairly accurate imitation of a very small dog barking
- If I could choose a superpower (for non-crimefighting responsibilities) it would be teleportation
- If I was to fight crime, I’d want no powers because Batman has no powers
- I think suits are the best thing a man can wear
- I’ve never left the borders of my country
- I have a rather large tongue and can touch the tip of my nose with it (you’re trying it right now, aren’t you?)
- I snore
- I’ve never being in a physical fight
Here are my nominations for The Liebster Award:
The 11 questions you guys have to answer:
- Your most embarrassing moment?
- Favourite movie and why?
- Marry, kill, sleep with: Tom Hanks, Tom Cruise, Tom Hiddleston?
- Last thing that made you laugh uncontrollably?
- Favourite childhood memory?
- Favoutie song at the moment?
- If you could be any fictional character who would it be and why?
- Do you have any unusual talents?
- What’s your blogging process?
- Do you put your ketchup over your fries or on the side?
- What’s your vision for your blog?